Admit it. You pay attention to celebrity happenings as much as anyone else. Who knows why, but we all seem drawn to famous people, their loves and lives. In most cases, it’s kind of like watching a fire or a train wreck. You know it really isn’t in good taste to watch as celebrities marry, only to run out and hire divorce lawyers a year later, but you can’t help it.
So, without further ado, here is our list of 2010 train wrecks (by “train wrecks”, we mean divorces, in case you didn’t catch that):
- LeAnn Rimes and Dean Sheremet. They started dating in 2001 and tied the knot in 2002. Their divorce became final in June this year. All we can say is C’mon, Dean what were you thinking letting this one get away? I mean, she’s cute, she sings like an angel, and she has to be the biggest sugar-mamma this side of the Mississippi. Of course, the fact that she was sleeping with another dude might have had something to do with it.
- Shania Twain and Mutt Lange. What do you get when you cross a rock and roll legend and a Canadian country singer? Apparently, one kid and a nasty divorce. Mutt Lange produced some of rock’s greatest bands, including Def Leppard and AC/DC. So what in the world was he doing hooked up with a goat roper anyway? We realize she’s hot (OK, more like smokin’), but still.
- Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. Perhaps the most publicized split of the year, tattoes TV bad boy Jesse James was kicked to the curb by Oscar winning beauty Sandra Bullock. Apparently, Bullock isn’t the first Best Actress winner to suffer a divorce shortly after her award. At least four other recent Best Actress winners also called divorce lawyers after winning their Oscars.
- Kelsey and Camille Grammer. The divorce isn’t final yet, but it should be before the year is out. Apparently, Kelsey, who starred in Cheers and Fraser pushed the mother of his two children into auditioning and getting a part in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills so he could get a little extracurricular action while she was at work.
- Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus. Don’t tell his achy breaky heart, but Billy Ray will be single again, soon as he and wife Tish call it quits after 17 years. As for Miley, we’re guessing that she doesn’t think this is the Best of Both Worlds.
- David Arquette and Courtney Cox. In what is quite likely the most pathetic divorce of the year, Arquette admitted to Howard Stern (of all people) that he cries when having sex with other women now. Really, David? You cry? Either quit sleeping around or grow a pair, dude.